What is the first thing that comes to your mind when you hear ‘sales analytics’?
If the term brings up images of never-ending spreadsheets with an endless volume of data, we have news for you.
You no longer have to equate sales analytics with an overwhelming task requiring tremendous effort. Effective and intelligent sales analytics software can now do the job for you, so you don’t have to spend long hours running the numbers manually.
Undoubtedly, sales analysis can be daunting. There are countless data points to consider and so many metrics to monitor. But things can be made comparatively easier with sales analytics tools. Having a competent tool at your disposal helps you stay updated with important sales figures and analyze current performance to optimize future endeavors.
It’s time to do away with the mundane way of sales analysis that just never seems to produce the results you expect. Use this comparison guide of the 17 best sales analytics software to find a tool that expedites this process.
In a Nutshell
- Sales analysis software enables you to gain actionable insights into sales data and processes.
- An effective sales analytics tool should be customizable, easy to use, and scalable. This will enable you to derive the maximum benefit from its implementation.
- Find the best sales analytics tool by considering your business’s objectives and pain points.
- Consider features such as customizable dashboards, reporting templates, pipeline tracking, intelligent analytics, etc., when making the selection.
- Refer to the following guide for a thorough comparison of the 17 best sales analytics tools to find one that best fits your requirements.
What Is Sales Analytics Software?
Sales analytics software help carry out a deep analysis of sales processes to identify winning strategies and uncover areas of improvement.
63% of businesses consider data analytics to result in improved efficiency and productivity.
Sales analytics software can help you draw patterns from past sales activity to predict future outcomes and make better business decisions.
Utilize such a tool to:
- Create in-depth reports
- Gauge the effectiveness of your current processes
- Keep track of team and individual performance
- Make accurate predictions and forecasts based on intelligent analysis
- Visualize sales trends over time using graphs and charts
Analysis helps you zero in on essential sales metrics and increase the overall effectiveness of your organization. You can keep an eye on critical sales numbers and work toward maximizing your business’s growth potential.
What Are the Features of Sales Analytics Tools?
According to McKinsey & Company,
A deep understanding of sales processes can help you optimize them to impact your business positively. When you begin searching for a tool to augment your sales analysis operation, here are some essential features you must consider.
1. Dashboard & Reports
The tool should offer visual charts, dashboards, and reports to depict your sales performance. Such visualization will help you monitor trends and get equipped with relevant information effortlessly.
Ready-to-use templates save a lot of time. That’s why you must go for a sales analytics solution offering pre-built templates to help you get started without delay or hassle.
3. Custom Filters
Along with pre-designed templates, you require the functionality to use advanced search filters to create reports that track the most relevant sales metrics for your business.
The tool must make it easier to save and share reports with your team in real-time. Such improved accessibility to relevant sales insights can help everyone work collectively.
5. Pipeline Tracking
The tool should offer robust pipeline tracking and management features to monitor its effectiveness. This will provide you with complete visibility into the available opportunities.
6. Intelligent Recommendations
Intelligent analytics software can surface recommendations at the most appropriate time, so you can enhance your efficiency. You can leverage these AI-powered insights to close more sales.
5 Benefits of Sales Analytics Software
An effective sales analytics tool can help you answer questions such as-
Who are your top-performing team members?
What is the likelihood of you hitting your targets this quarter?
Are your sales projections realistic enough for your team to work with?
Is your pipeline filled with high-quality leads?
Sales analytics tools present a host of other advantages to businesses. Some of these are listed below.
1. Predictive Analytics
The predictive analytics market is expected to generate a revenue of over USD 22.1 Billion by 2026. This goes on to show that the adoption of this forecasting model is on the rise.
You can partake in this by choosing a powerful sales analytics tool that analyzes historical data to make accurate projections. When your goals are realistic, you are more likely to hit them and become more profitable.
2. Sales Funnel Management
Every stage of your sales funnel needs to be monitored and optimized to boost your overall conversion rate. A powerful sales analytics tool helps you track the conversion rate by stage, so you can identify areas where you lose the most opportunities and take necessary steps to mitigate the issue.
3. Better Decision Making
Sales analysis helps you uncover the most effective strategies and techniques that result in positive sales results. Using sales analytics software, you can improve your decision-making by learning from historical data and trends. The in-depth analysis enabled by such a tool can help you identify hurdles and make data-backed business decisions that support your revenue growth.
4. Enhance Productivity
Sales analysis determines whether your operations are producing the desired results. You can identify actions that drive better results and incorporate more of them in your selling strategies. Sales analytics solutions help you effectively utilize your time and resources, enabling you to hit your sales targets every time!
5. Analyze Customer Behavior & Trends
Get complete visibility into the background of the leads that you are working with.
What source did they come from? What are their needs and expectations? How can you best support them?
Questions such as these can be answered with the help of a comprehensive analytics solution that provides a richer overview of your prospects and mines through the data to identify actions that help move them forward in the sales cycle.
17 Best Sales Analytics Software
The advantages of an effective sales analytics tool are plenty from improved forecasting accuracy to better conversion rates. To derive the maximum benefit from sales tracking and analytics, you must find the most effective software that meets your organization’s unique needs.
We delve deep into the functionality of the 17 best sales analytics tools that you can implement to monitor the productivity of your sales operations. Compare their features with your expectations to find the most reliable software option.
BIGContacts is a leading CRM solution provider with robust business analytics. It lets you gain complete visibility into your sales pipeline and keep track of opportunities to enhance your forecasting ability. Use this top analytics software to sort through lead data and identify areas of improvement in your sales process. Monitor the effectiveness of individual sales representatives using BIGContacts.
- Filter through sales data easily with advanced search filters
- Choose from a range of pre-built sales report templates to save time
- Track sales opportunities and their related data using a visual sales pipeline
- Keep track of the status of leads and identify high-value prospects to boost your profits
- Automate follow-ups and workflows to improve your sales outcomes
- Save custom reports for future use or export them
- Add custom stages and fields to your sales pipeline
- Lacks advanced AI-powered lead scoring
- The speed of the tool can drop at times
- Big- $5/user/month
- Bigger- $15/user/month
- Biggest- $25/user/month
- Enterprise- Custom pricing
HubSpot Sales Hub brings all your sales data to one place, making it easier to analyze and improve performance. It also enables you to make more accurate sales forecasts by gaining more visibility into sales processes and trends. You can keep track of your leads and automate workflows to nurture them into long-term customers using HubSpot.
- Sort through data easily and report on the most significant metrics
- Use advanced AI-powered conversational insights to improve sales engagement
- Identify winning strategies and create effective sales playbooks for your team
- Use a visual sales pipeline to track and manage leads
- Create custom sales reports using advanced filters
- Limit access to confidential information with user permissions
- Integrate with a range of business applications, including Slack, Mailchimp, Shopify, SurveyMonkey, etc.
- Activity logs are cluttered and difficult to navigate
- Building dashboards can be challenging
Free plan available
Plans start from $45/month
3. Zendesk Sell
The built-in reporting and analytics capabilities of Zendesk Sell make it a highly effective solution for keeping track of sales performance. The sales CRM tool lets you track all available opportunities using a visual sales pipeline. You can leverage it to make accurate forecasts and analyze trends using pre-built or custom reports.
- Monitor sales metrics using pre-built dashboards
- Create custom reports and dashboards for tracking sales data
- Make accurate revenue predictions and sales forecasts
- Define formulas to score and prioritize leads
- Generate detailed activity reports and track progress toward your sales goals
- Use the mobile app to view essential data from anywhere
- Create stages of the sales pipeline for better lead tracking
- The dashboard appears cluttered
- Requires better data filtering and sorting options
Starts from $19/user/month
Improved visibility into the sales pipeline can help you make better predictions and business decisions. Copper CRM makes this possible with its insightful sales tracking system. Use the analytics dashboard to keep track of relevant sales data, including leads position, pipeline value, revenue trends, win probability, sales rep performance, etc.
- Generate reports instantly with ready-to-use templates
- Create custom reports with the most relevant data
- Schedule and send reports to selected recipients
- Use forecasting insights to improve business profitability
- Set up a custom sales pipeline to monitor the effectiveness of your sales processes
- Find analytics data from anywhere with the mobile app
- Get real time-notifications and alerts for actions that require your attention
- Functionality is limited for users working outside the Google Workspace
- AI-based lead scoring is missing
Starts from $23/user/month
Sales Cloud Einstein by Salesforce lets you drive AI-driven analytics to accelerate your revenue growth. It helps make more profitable business decisions by drilling deeper into historical sales data and uncovering actionable insights into your processes. You can improve your forecasting accuracy and gain better visibility into customer behavior by leveraging this AI-powered sales analytics software.
- Use pre-designed reports and dashboards for quicker sales analysis
- Monitor pipeline health and stay updated with sales trends using advanced analytics
- Predict the likelihood of deals closing by analyzing historical data
- Get AI-powered insights into opportunities to close more deals
- Make accurate forecasts with automated machine learning
- View advanced analytics data on any device remotely
- Save time spent on manual data entry by automating data capture for all sales-related activities
- The learning curve is steep
- Documentation requires improvement
Starts from $50/user/month
6. NetSuite CRM
NetSuite CRM lets you track sales trends and gather insights to improve the effectiveness of your sales activities. Discover trends and monitor performance by diving deep into the sales data using the business intelligence capabilities of NetSuite CRM. Get real-time visibility into your sales processes and identify areas for improvement readily.
- Choose from a library of pre-built and customizable reports
- Create role-based analytics dashboards for your team
- Use the built-in SuiteAnalytics Workbook to find actionable insights instantly
- Perform searches and data analysis in real-time
- Define and track KPIs for effective sales analytics
- Monitor the performance of your sales pipeline by stages
- Export analytics data to third-party tools easily
- Lacks advanced search capabilities
- Setup can be time-consuming and complicated
Available on request
SugarCRM is an effective solution for managing your sales leads and processes. Use the tool to track deals with a sales pipeline and make more accurate business forecasts. Get intelligent insights into customer needs and expectations to improve your sales outcomes. SugarCRM also lets you set up automated alerts for changes in your sales metrics.
- Make AI-powered predictions to improve sales profitability
- Discover the right time to engage with prospects and increase your conversion rate
- Track relevant sales metrics to monitor your business performance
- Identify trends by analyzing historical sales data
- Determine conversion probabilities to focus on the right accounts
- Get real-time alerts and insights to improve sales performance
- Automate data entry and recurring processes
- The interface can be challenging to navigate
- The setup process can be simplified
Starts from $49/user/month
8. Zoho CRM
Zoho CRM lets you make better business decisions with its powerful prediction engine and analytics capabilities. Along with helping you track the win probability for your deals, Zoho CRM can help you visualize sales data in various forms, so you can stay updated with information that carries the most value for your business.
- Use deal predictions and insights to focus on more profitable opportunities
- Choose from a range of pre-built templates for your reports
- Create custom reports using advanced data filters
- Use charts, cohorts, quadrants, zone maps, and funnels for sales analysis
- Export your reports as PDFs, CSV files, or spreadsheets
- Set up real-time alerts for sales activities and engagement
- Access sales analytics data from anywhere with the mobile app
- The interface requires an update
- Customer support is ineffective
Free plan available
Paid plans start from $14/user/month
Pipedrive offers interactive reporting dashboards for effective analysis of your sales data. Use the tool to discover insights and winning actions, so you can enhance the profitability of your organization. Pipedrive also lets you set up multiple sales pipelines, allowing you to track the movement of sales leads throughout the process.
- Use custom reports to track the most significant metrics
- Make revenue forecasts by analyzing your previous performance
- Create reporting dashboards and share them with all the stakeholders instantly
- Visualize sales performance with graphs, charts, tables, etc.
- Set sales goals and monitor your progress toward achieving them
- Generate reports for tracking conversions and monitoring team performance
- Manage and track deals using customizable sales pipelines
- Customer service fails to meet expectations
- Requires more customization options for reports
Starts from $9.90/user/month
Insightly CRM centralizes your sales data, making its tracking and management easier. The built-in analytics capabilities of this application enable you to make more sales and strengthen your relationships with customers. You can also use Insightly to track the effectiveness of your sales outreach by monitoring email open and click statistics.
- Create custom dashboards to track essential sales metrics
- Use visual charts and graphs to monitor your sales performance
- Build reports using a simple drag-and-drop interface
- Set and track milestones to meet targets on time
- Share the reports with your team members
- Use the Android and iOS mobile apps to access data from anywhere
- Data governance and security features are built-in
- Documentation and training materials require improvement
- The learning curve is steep
Free plan available
Plans start from $29/user/month
Nutshell is a CRM solution that can analyze sales data and gather insights to improve business performance. Use this tool to create custom reports that help you track your progress toward meeting sales targets. Nutshell can assist you in keeping track of deal conversion by stages, reps, or actions, so you can discover what works best for your business.
- Leverage historical data to make better sales forecasts
- Generate activity reports to track your team’s performance
- Track conversion rate for individual funnel stages and identify reasons for lost conversions
- Monitor the quality leads in your pipeline and segment them effectively
- Save reports as presentations for quicker reference
- Manage sales opportunities using a customizable pipeline
- View sales-related data on any device
- The mobile app’s interface requires an update
- Customization options are limited
Starts from $16/user/month
Keap has a comprehensive analytics dashboard that lets you gain visibility into sales processes and improve business decision-making. Use Keap to identify trends, compare revenue growth, and manage your invoices effortlessly. This sales analytics CRM will enable you to zero in on important data and generate in-depth reports that provide actionable insights into improving sales performance.
- Create daily, monthly, and weekly sales reports to visualize the growth
- Track trends for revenue growth and business transactions over time
- Use pipeline reporting analytics to keep a check on your pipeline’s health
- Take immediate action directly from your reports
- Utilize advanced filters to sort through your data
- Find sales insights on the go with the mobile app
- Segment contact using tags and run reports for specific tags
- Requires more advanced search features
- Knowledge base support needs improvement
Starts from $129/month
Salesmate is an effective solution for analyzing sales data and keeping track of sales activities. Along with automating the steps of your sales process, the tool can be utilized to set performance goals for routine tracking. Using this sales analytics tool, you can make accurate forecasts and generate reports by analyzing multiple data points.
- Create visual and detailed reports to keep track of relevant sales data
- Forecast sales and revenue to improve your selling strategy
- Set and track tangible sales goals to stay updated with your performance
- Use a custom sales pipeline to visualize the movement of sales opportunities
- Plan and complete tasks on time with a dedicated sales activity tracker
- Sales reps can access personalized dashboards to keep track of achieved and pending sales goals
- View analytics data remotely using the mobile app
- It does not offer AI-powered lead scoring
- The loading speed of the tool is below par at times
Starts from $12/user/month
Freshworks’ sales CRM tool- Freshsales offers in-depth analytics into sales processes, so you can track and improve your performance. Create visual reports and dashboards for better tracking of sales data. The tool enables you to make more profitable business decisions with intelligent reports. Use Freshsales to monitor your pipeline velocity, individual rep performance, and deal-closing probability.
- Use dynamic forecasting to make the right business decisions
- Getting started with creating reports instantly with ready-to-use templates
- Schedule the delivery of reports directly to your inbox
- Generate activity reports to track the performance of individual sales reps
- Choose from pre-built sales reports or create custom reports based on your needs
- Access sales information on the go with the mobile app
- Use pipeline reports to track the movement of deals and identify any bottlenecks in your sales process
- Customer support is substandard
- UI needs an uplift
Free plan available
Plans start from $15/user/month
15. Agile CRM
Agile CRM offers deep insights into your sales leads. You can use this analytics tool to track the deals at every stage of the sales process and identify actions that help them move forward. Set up recurring reports and schedule their delivery at a preferable time. Agile CRM lets you create custom reports based on your required criteria.
- Use visual charts and graphs to monitor your sales performance
- Track the movement of leads through individual stages of your sales funnel
- Create custom reports to track the most relevant sales data
- Schedule reports to run and be delivered to your inbox automatically
- Find your most engaged prospects and track their activity, behavior, and preferences
- Score leads to prioritizing high-value opportunities
- Track deal statuses and sales information on the go using the mobile app
- The user interface needs enhancement
- Limited integrations and plugin options are available
Free plan available
Plans start from $8.99/user/month
16. Nimble CRM
Nimble is a comprehensive CRM solution with data enrichment and analysis features. The tool makes it easier to keep track of your sales team’s performance and identify ways to improve it. Track sales activities make revenue projections and sales forecasts, manage your pipeline intelligently, and improve your business growth with Nimble.
- View all scheduled and completed sales activities in one place
- Keep track of the most relevant information using custom filters
- Make accurate deal forecasts and revenue predictions by tracking historical sales data
- Offers intelligent insights and recommendations to help you close more deals
- Manage all available opportunities using a visual sales pipeline
- Work remotely using the native Android and iOS applications
- Get notified about sales opportunities that require your immediate attention
- The mobile app’s interface needs improvement
- Better tagging functionality is required
Starts from $19/user/month
Creatio lets you enhance your sales performance by providing a 360° view of your processes and data. Use the forecasting ability of this tool to set achievable sales targets and allocate business resources appropriately. Creatio also helps you determine the probability of deal closure, so your sales team can focus on the right opportunities.
- Track complete histories for opportunities for better tracking and analysis
- Analyze sales data to make accurate forecasts
- Identify bottlenecks in your sales pipeline and track the conversion rate for each stage
- Keep track of the effectiveness of individual sales representatives
- Define relevant KPIs and monitor them using a comprehensive dashboard
- Access essential information from anywhere with Creatio mobile app
- Qualify leads and nurture them with intelligent insights
- Filtering capabilities are not advanced
- The interface requires more customization options
Starts from $30/user/month
Step up Business Decision Making With Sales Analytics Software
The 17 best sales analytics software listed above are highly recommended solutions that are worth your consideration. These tools can empower your sales team to eliminate the guesswork from their operations and work more efficiently.
While all of these tools can help you analyze sales data and chart your progress toward meeting objectives, not all of them will be the right fit for your organization. To select the most appropriate sales analytics solution, you must understand your team’s requirements and thoroughly assess available tools against these needs.
Focusing on the tool’s usability and extent of customization can help you land an effective sales analytics solution that provides you with all the insights you need to drive better growth for your business. For example, if your primary requirements are pipeline analysis and custom reports, you can benefit from implementing a tool like BIGContacts. This will enable you to take advantage of data and insights to maximize the effectiveness of your sales operations.