Monday.com is undoubtedly one of the most popular business management software available in the market today.
While it comes across as a valuable asset at first glance, it does have a fair share of limitations that force businesses to look for better alternatives. Whether it is the limited functionality of lower-priced versions or the inability to track time spent on various tasks, there are several areas where monday.com falls short.
If you face similar challenges, it is best to look for better monday.com alternatives to keep your projects on track and offer delightful experiences to your customers.
When looking for the best monday.com alternative, you are likely to get overwhelmed with the plethora of options available. Therefore, to make this decision a tad bit easier, we have curated a list of the 15 best software that work as great alternatives to monday.com.
However, before we begin with the comparison, let’s look at monday project management software and its functionality in detail.
What is Monday.com?
Monday.com is one of the most powerful CRM and project management tools for businesses across industries.
It offers detailed contact profiles that allow you to deliver more personalized experiences to customers. With this integrated sales and CRM tool, it becomes easy to track and prioritize important deals, contributing to increased profitability.
Additionally, monday.com makes it easy to track the progress of tasks and projects to deliver top-notch services to clients. This scalable project management tool aids team collaboration and makes it possible to meet deadlines consistently.
Free Version: Available for 2 users
Paid Versions: Start from $8/user/month
Key Features of monday.com
Here are the key features of monday.com that make it a popular choice for CRM and project management:
Being a visual and intuitive tool, monday.com is easy to set up. As the tool requires minimal employee training, it offers an excellent place to instantly get started with project management and CRM. The easy onboarding process makes monday.com a reliable and productive solution for SMBs.
One of the major reasons why teams prefer monday.com is because it presents business data in a simple and visual format. Views such as Kanban boards, calendars, maps, etc., show a clear picture of business performance and help team members take better charge of their data and activities.
Collaborative working makes individuals 50% more effective at completing tasks as compared to individual workers.
This brings forth the importance of an effective collaborative tool for improved productivity. monday.com is one such software that can boost accountability and help everyone communicate effortlessly.
Pre-built templates save a considerable amount of time and resources. These templates are one of the most significant reasons behind monday.com’s popularity as a workflow management system. You can access a broad range of templates for projects and task workflows that can be customized according to your needs.
Monday.com helps you build a custom sales pipeline for managing your opportunities. With all the customer data stored in a central location, it becomes easy to personalize customer interactions and deliver more satisfactory experiences. Enhanced customer satisfaction results in better retention rates and helps you grow your business.
Monday.com makes it easy to establish automated processes and workflows. You can automate various repetitive tasks and include custom triggers to save time valuable time. Additionally, the tool can also be used to set up automated alerts & notifications to keep everyone updated at all times.
Monday.com helps create insightful reports that can provide you with the necessary information to make better decisions for your business. You can visualize this data in your preferred format and use it to get a clear overview of your business operations.
Why Do You Need monday.com Alternatives?
With such a multitude of use cases and advanced features, why is there a need to look for alternatives?
Like any other software, monday.com is far from being a one-size-fits-all tool.
While monday.com can be an excellent tool for managing projects, it falls short in some areas such as pricing and time tracking.
Here are some common reasons why businesses choose to consider substitutes for monday.com:
No Recurring Tasks
Monday.com does not have the functionality to schedule recurring tasks for your team. This means that the tasks that your team has to perform routinely cannot be scheduled in one go and have to be repeated.
While the starting plan isn’t very expensive, it doesn’t offer advanced features that are in-demand. This makes the tool unsuitable for businesses looking for a feature-rich solution offering higher value for money.
Lack of Time Tracking
While monday.com is advertised as a project management tool, it lacks the fundamental feature of tracking time for projects. This makes businesses look for alternatives that offer in-built time tracking and do not require a separate tool for the same.
Monday.com Alternatives Selection Criteria
In order to help you find the most suitable monday.com alternative, we have compiled a list of the 15 best tools available in the market today.
Our selection criteria for making this list included:
- Ratings from credible sources: We have only included the top-rated tools listed on credible websites such as Capterra.com and G2.com.
- User reviews: To help you find a reliable alternative, we have taken into consideration various user reviews.
- Project management capabilities: The software alternatives included in this list offer the same or better features as monday.com for project management.
- CRM features: A reliable alternative must offer monday.com contact management and CRM features such as pipeline tracking, email marketing, opportunity management, and reporting.
- Pricing: The apps like monday.com that we have included in this list are powerful solutions that offer advanced features at budget-friendly prices.
Before delving into the nitty-gritty of each tool, here’s a quick overview of the 15 monday.com competitors.
|Software||Key Features||Pricing||Free Trial|
|BIGContacts||Contact management |
|Starts from $5/user/month||30 days|
|ProProfs Project||Progress tracking|
|Starts from $2/user/month||14 days|
|Starts from $39/user/month||14 days|
|Nifty||Take Meaningful Actions|
|Starts from $39/user/month||14 days|
|Starts from $39/month||30 days|
|Starts from $7.50/user/month||7 days|
Marketing campaign management
|Starts from $10.99/user/month||30 days|
|Starts from $9.80/user/month||14 days|
|Starts from $5/user/month||14 days|
Calendar & list views
|Starts from $19.90/user/month||30 days|
|Function Point||Sales intelligence|
|Starts from $40/user/month||14 days|
Time & progress reports
|Starts from $4.19/month||30 days|
|Starts from $12/user/month||14 days|
|Starts from $10/user/month||30 days|
|Starts from $5/user/month||14 days|
Top 16 Monday.com Alternatives
Here’s a more detailed analysis of the 15 tools that work as great monday.com alternatives.
BIGContacts is a CRM tool that ranks high in the list of alternatives to monday.com owing to its easy interface and powerful features. This easy-to-use tool helps you build strong customer relationships, deliver more personalized experiences, and grow your sales figure.
BIGContacts offers comprehensive task tracking and management, enabling your team to meet deadlines with ease. You can use this tool to automate reminders, set up recurring tasks, and build custom workflows for your team. Furthermore, easy communication and data sharing help you boost team collaboration and keep everyone on the same page.
Key Features of BIGContacts:
- Set up recurring tasks and automate reminders.
- Maintain detailed contact records with social media tracking and custom data fields.
- Use email templates to save time and reach out to prospects at the right time.
- Track the opportunities present in your sales pipeline.
- Set up automated marketing campaigns.
- Salesforce Pardot
Starts from $5/user/month
What Is Unique About BIGContacts
- Smart reports offer real-time insights into business performance
- Delightful 24×7 customer support available via chat, call, and email
BIGContacts Score on Capterra.com: 4.3/5
BIGContacts Score on G2.com: 4.4/5
2. ProProfs Project
No list of online project management tools is complete without ProProfs Project. This intuitive project management solution simplifies even the most complex projects by bringing all stakeholders to a single platform. ProProfs Project allows you to customize workflows, discuss tasks and track progress with absolute ease.
The enhanced visibility into projects enables you to meet client expectations and deliver projects within deadlines. With ProProfs Project, you can define user roles for your team members and keep your data completely secure.
Key Features of Proprofs Project:
- Visual Gantt charts and Kanban boards for easy project tracking.
- Let teams collaborate via internal comments and file sharing.
- Track the time spent by team members on multiple tasks and projects.
- Manage and track your invoices.
- Access detailed reports to get better visibility into your project performance.
Starts from $2/user/month
Why We Picked It, What Is Unique About ProProfs Project
- Analyze risks and create appropriate contingency plans
- Get notified with real-time updates
ProProfs Project Score on Capterra.com: 4.7/5
ProProfs Project Score on G2.com: 4.4/5
nTask is an online project management solution that enables businesses to plan, analyze and track all activities of a project. The tool offers interactive Gantt charts, Kanban boards, time tracking, and risk management features for top-notch project management. nTask also aids internal collaboration by helping everyone stay in sync seamlessly.
This intuitive task management tool makes it easy to plan tasks, establish dependencies, visualize timelines and measure progress. You can use nTask to schedule and manage your meetings from a single dashboard.
Key Features of nTask:
- Manage tasks and track progress for every team member.
- Use Gantt charts and Kanban boards for project planning.
- Generate custom reports to track the metrics of your choice.
- Customize user roles and permissions to regulate access to business data.
- Track the time spent and billable hours for projects.
- Office 365
Free Version: Available
Paid Versions: Start from $3/user/month
Why We Picked It, What Is Unique About nTask
- Track bugs and issues instantly to deliver satisfactory outcomes
- Track timesheets for team members and get budget reminders for your projects
nTask Score on Capterra.com: 4.0/5
nTask Score on G2.com: 4.4/5
Nifty is the definitive all-in-one project management and team collaboration experience. Renown for its ease of use and flexibility, Nifty is a favorite of time-tracking agencies, iterative product teams, sprint-based developers, and more!
Nifty’s Milestones automates progress reporting based on the completion of tasks so that project phases are easy to track across all of your projects. With Nifty’s My Work screen, members of your team start their day with actionability on browser, desktop, and mobile devices. Intuitive design and proactive reporting makes Nifty the productivity tool that your entire team–and even clients–can agree on.
Key Features of Nifty:
- Project milestones update progress automatically when tasks within them are completed. You can even share these project roadmaps as public links for external shareholders.
- Built-in Team Chat and Project Discussions creates a single space that unites communication with action
- Custom Embeds allow you to bring thousands of other workflows into your Nifty projects
- Cross-project tools such as My Work, All Tasks, Workloads, and Overviews makes scaling the volume of projects within your Workspace simple and graceful
- One-click Zoom and Webex calls allow you to transition from typing to talking instantly
Two-way Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides allows you to work on new or existing Google documentation within Nifty while still storing the documents on Google
A built in Zapier interface makes connecting Nifty with other tools feel right at home
- Free version available
- Bucket pricing starting at $39/mo for user blocks means no per-user pricing headache
Why We Picked It, What Is Unique About Nifty
- All-in-one communication and collaboration space for workflows of all kinds
- Industry leader in ease of use
Basecamp helps you break down complex projects into simple tasks that can be delivered within the stipulated timeframe. The tool allows you to maintain to-do lists, assign tasks and track their progress routinely. You can also share files and ideas, as well as post comments on unified message boards.
You can use Basecamp to visualize task progress and identify if it is on the right track. The tool eases team collaboration and saves time wasted on daily standups.
Key Features of Basecamp:
- Automated check-ins to track progress of team members.
- Share files with team members and collaborate more efficiently.
- Set up custom notifications to get notified of the most relevant activities.
- Track activities and analyze team performance.
- Maintain to-do lists to stay on top of all upcoming tasks and meetings.
Free Version: Available for 20 users
Paid Version: $99/month
Why We Picked It, What Is Unique About Basecamp
- Improve team collaboration with discussion boards
- Manage data visibility permissions with custom user roles
Basecamp Score on Capterra.com: 4.3/5
Basecamp Score on G2.com: 4.1/5
Bitrix24 is an integrated CRM and project management system making it one of the best alternatives to monday. You can use this tool to schedule appointments and create task dependencies. Along with tracking projects, Bitrix24 also helps you build strong customer relationships. It boosts team collaboration, helps track time for team members, and manages deadlines effectively. Furthermore, the tool can be used to automate tasks & workflows, leading to improved business productivity.
Key Features of Bitrix24:
- Gantt charts and Kanban boards for improved project planning.
- Speed up projects with easy approvals.
- Allow team members to work together with collaborative editing
- Schedule and track tasks to ensure timely completion.
- Automate marketing campaigns to improve lead nurturing.
Free Version: Available
Paid Versions: Start from $39/month
Why We Picked It, What Is Unique About Bitrix24
- Create automated workflow for enhanced day-to-day productivity
- Track and report time spent on every project
Bitrix24 Score on Capterra.com: 4.0/5
Bitrix24 Score on G2.com: 4.1/5
Jira is an online project management solution for agile teams. This powerful software provides easy project planning and tracking to improve the speed and quality of deliverables. You can use this tool to build automated rules to save time and resources for your team.
It also offers real-time insights into your business performance and helps you discover areas of improvement. With Jira, you can quickly build boards that provide a detailed overview of projects and help everyone in the organization stay updated at all times.
Key Features of Jira:
- Boost agile project management with Scrum and Kanban boards.
- Create project roadmaps to provide your team with a defined plan of action.
- Build custom automation rules to save time and increase productivity.
- Use the drag and drop interface for managing projects.
- Detailed reporting offers actionable insights into business processes.
Free Version: Available for 10 users
Paid Versions: Start from $7.50/user/month
Why We Picked It, What Is Unique About Jira
- Customize and automate workflows to keep things moving forward
- Excellent project management tool for agile development
Jira Score on Capterra.com: 4.4/5
Jira Score on G2.com: 4.2/5
If you are looking for free alternatives to monday.com, Asana is worth considering. It aids project management with detailed overviews, pre-built templates, and automated approvals. It also helps you manage requests and deliver them successfully. Along with powerful project management, the tool also enables you to plan and manage your marketing campaigns.
Asana also allows you to track the workload of individual team members. You can set up automated sequences and triggers and improve team efficiency.
Key Features of Asana:
- Visualize project timelines and resources with Gantt charts and Kanban boards.
- Track and manage work requests with forms.
- Craft and manage marketing campaigns.
- Boost team collaboration with remote access and easy communication.
- Get real-time visibility into projects with detailed reports.
- Power BI
Free Version: Available
Paid Versions: Start from $10.99/user/month
Why We Picked It, What Is Unique About Asana
- Build automation rules to match your existing processes
- View shared calendars to stay on top of all activities, meetings, and appointments
Asana Score on Capterra.com: 4.4/5
Asana Score on G2.com: 4.3/5
Wrike keeps all your project management data organized in one place. What makes it a great monday.com alternative is the customization and transparency it offers. You can adapt the tool according to your business needs with ease. Furthermore, complete visibility into projects and intelligent insights can help you get the most out of every task. You can further accelerate project delivery with easy proofing and approval.
Key Features of Wrike:
- Gantt charts and Kanban boards ease project planning and management.
- Track the time spent on various activities.
- Automate approvals for quicker delivery of projects.
- Make better business decisions with powerful analytics.
- Allocate and manage business resources effectively.
- Google Drive
Free Version: Available
Paid Versions: Start from $9.80/user/month
Why We Picked It, What Is Unique About Wrike
- AI-based recommendations help you make better business decisions
- Workflow templates can be used to save time and create more well-defined workflows
Wrike Score on Capterra.com: 4.2/5
Wrike Score on G2.com: 4.2/5
Trello is a collaborative project management tool for maximizing productivity. This free alternative to monday.com helps establish custom workflows to meet deadlines effectively. Trello boards are easy to create and manage. The tool also helps build lists and cards that keep track of every activity and its associated tasks.
Additionally, it makes it easy to assign tasks and measure productivity levels for the entire team. Your team can collaborate more efficiently to deliver projects on time using this powerful tool.
Key Features of Trello:
- Access detailed cards with all the necessary information for every project.
- Customize workflows to suit your business needs.
- View detailed reports to track project progress and team performance.
- Track activities with individual and shared calendars.
- Automate processes to improve the quality and speed of deliverables.
- MS Teams
- Adobe XD
Free Version: Available
Paid Versions: Start from $5/user/month
Why We Picked It, What Is Unique About Trello
- The built-in automation helps save valuable time by automating repetitive tasks
- It is possible to track the most relevant metrics for your business
Trello Score on Capterra.com: 4.5/5
Trello Score on G2.com: 4.4/5
As is evident from the name, TeamGantt is a powerful project management tool that allows you to build Gantt charts. You can collaborate with team members and communicate with clients effortlessly using this tool. TeamGantt allows you to plan and manage your projects more methodically.
You can easily visualize your projects with clear Gantt charts, Kanban boards, and lists. The tool also enables you to measure the progress of your tasks and track the time spent on projects.
Key Features of TeamGantt:
- Plan projects effectively with pre-built templates.
- Manage tasks easily with a calendar and task lists.
- Establish dependencies between related tasks and activities.
- Use the mobile application to work remotely.
- Track the time spent on every project.
Free Version: Available for 3 users
Paid Versions: Start from $19.90/month
Why We Picked It, What Is Unique About TeamGantt
- You can customize timeline with a simple drag & drop interface
- Progress reports provide complete visibility into projects
TeamGantt Score on Capterra.com: 4.6/5
TeamGantt Score on G2.com: 4.8/5
12. Function Point
Function Point is a comprehensive solution for business management, offering CRM and project management capabilities. With complete visibility into your tasks and pipeline, Function Point enables you to identify areas of opportunity and maximize your profitability. This tool offers robust project management with easy file sharing and progress tracking. Additionally, the tool is helpful for tracking finances and collaborating with team members.
Key Features of Function Point:
- Get better visibility and insights into available opportunities with the sales pipeline.
- Make accurate business forecasts with powerful reporting and analytics.
- Plan and manage projects easily with easy resource management, file sharing, and team collaboration.
- Track the time spent on every task by your team members and calculate billable hours.
- Manage your finances better with expense tracking and project budgeting.
Starts from $40/user/month
Why We Picked It, What Is Unique About Function Point
- Improve team collaboration by making it easier to share ideas and updates
- Track your budget and expenses
Function Point Score on Capterra.com: 4.3/5
Function Point Score on G2.com: 3.9/5
MeisterTask is a collaborative task management system with an intuitive user interface. It allows you to assign tasks to your team members and track their progress routinely. The tool offers time and budget tracking to help you maximize your profits. You can use it to set clear due dates, maintain tasks lists and create dependencies. MeisterTask offers comprehensive task management and automation to enhance your team’s productivity.
Key Features of MeisterTask:
- Create and track project timelines to keep activities on track.
- Set up recurring tasks to save time and resources.
- Get notified instantly via email.
- Use Kanban project boards to plan, track and manage your projects.
- Get regular task progress reports and identify possible roadblocks.
Free Version: Available for 3 projects
Paid Versions: Start from $4.19/month
Why We Picked It, What Is Unique About MeisterTask
- Set up custom roles and permissions to match your organizational hierarchy
- Build automated workflows that contribute to enhanced team efficiency
MeisterTask Score on Capterra.com: 4.7/5
MeisterTask Score on G2.com: 4.6/5
Hive is a monday.com free alternative that can simplify even the most complex projects for your business. It provides shared inboxes, improved communication, and custom roles. You can take notes, include agendas, and add comments to collaborate with other team members. Additionally, you can use the tool to set recurring tasks and let your team members focus on what really matters. Hive allows you to automate various tasks and include custom triggers to keep things moving forward at all times.
Key Features of Hive:
- Automate business processes to save time and reduce manual efforts.
- Foster team collaboration with improved communication, data sharing, and regular updates.
- Manage and view all your tasks using lists, Kanban, and summary views.
- Track tasks and the time spent on each one of them.
- Anticipate risk and create contingency plans.
- Google Calendar
Free Version: Available
Paid Versions: Start from $12/user/month
Why We Picked It, What Is Unique About Hive
- Automate proofing and approvals to deliver projects quickly
- Use AI-based recommendations to improve your business’s performance
Hive Score on Capterra.com: 4.5/5
Hive Score on G2.com: 4.5/5
Teamwork brings your clients and teams together to help your business grow. This flexible project management tool can be enhanced in functionality with multiple add-ons such as helpdesk and CRM. Teamwork essentially helps you utilize your resources optimally for successful project management.
With effective budget tracking and time logging, you can ensure better profitability for your business. What makes Teamwork an excellent alternative for monday.com is its extensive range of features and easy customization.
Key Features of Teamwork:
- Get complete visibility into projects with Gantt charts and Kanban boards.
- Monitor your financial performance by tracking budget and profitability.
- Customize the dashboards to include the most relevant information.
- Maintain task lists and track the time spent on every task.
- Define and visualize milestones to ensure your projects are on the right track.
- MS Teams
Free Version: Available for 5 users
Paid Versions: Start from $10/user/month
Why We Picked It, What Is Unique About Teamwork
- Manage and utilize resources optimally
- Foster real-time collaboration between your team members
Teamwork score on Capterra.com: 4.5/5
Teamwork Score on G2.com: 4.4/5
ClickUp is an all-inclusive solution that brings together project management, sales tracking, marketing automation, CRM, and task management. With ClickUp, your team can plan, track and manage projects effortlessly. All your projects and their associated details are available in one place, boosting collaboration and improving the quality of deliverables. Managing and automating tasks also becomes easier with ClickUp. You can assign tasks and measure their progress routinely using this powerful application.
Key Features of ClickUp:
- Plan and execute projects meticulously.
- Automate sales activities to close more deals.
- Carry out effective and automated marketing campaigns.
- Define product roadmaps and ensure your activities align with them.
- Plan, assign, manage and collaborate on tasks to improve productivity.
Free Version: Available
Paid Versions: $5/user/month
Why We Picked It, What Is Unique About ClickUp
- Establish dependencies between related tasks to define a clear order of activities
- Automate workflows by defining triggers and conditions to save time
ClickUp Score on Capterra.com: 4.7/5
ClickUp Score on G2.com: 4.7/5
Choosing The Best Alternatives for monday.com
Well, there you have it!
This 15 software like monday.com is highly likely to get the job done for you.
Before you invest in any of these tools, make sure to compare them against your needs and expectations. This can save you from wasting time implementing a tool that won’t produce the results you desire.
If a powerful and highly customized software is what you need, you can give BIGContacts a shot. This user-friendly CRM application can work as a reliable monday.com alternative by keeping your customer data and relationships intact. It can also empower you to achieve better visibility for all tasks and projects, helping improve your business profitability considerably.