Effective Date: Monday, May 21, 2018.
Definitions and interpretation
- Data: Collectively all information that you submit to BIGContacts via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Act 1998 and the European Union’s 2018 General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR);
- Credit & Debit Card Data: We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details relating to financial data with any 3rd parties;
- Cookies: A small text file may be placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the clause below (Cookies);
- BIGContacts, SURESWIFT CAPITAL INC., we or us: BIGContacts, owned fully by SURESWIFT CAPITAL INC., a company incorporated in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada with whose registered office is at 113-1834C Oak Bay Avenue, V8R 0A4;
- UK and EU Cookie Law: The Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011 and the European Union’s 2018 General Data Protection Regulation;
- User or you: any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by SURESWIFT CAPITAL INC. and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to SURESWIFT CAPITAL INC. and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and
- Website: the website that you are currently using, https://www.bigcontacts.com, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
- the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
- a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
- “including” is understood to mean “including without limitation”;
- reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
- We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
- Contact Information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
Our use of Data
- For purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 and GDPR, BIGContacts acts as the “data controller”.
- We will retain any Data you submit for as long as BIGContacts deems it necessary to provide adequate service to the User, unless explicitly asked by a User for their Data to be deleted.
- Unless it is specifically stated otherwise, your Data can be disclosed to third parties for the sake of administering better service to the User and also for marketing purposes through various affiliates and / or other companies within our group.
- All personal Data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998 and the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation. For more details on these two security regulations see the clause below (Security).
- Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping;
- improvement of our products / services;
- transmission by email of promotional materials that may be of interest to you;
- transmission to 3rd parties in order for them to market relevant promotional materials that may be of interest to you;
- The ability to make automated decision making, including profiling, only for the purpose of offering a better and more personalized experience for the User or marketing to new users based on information from the users of BIGContacts in aggregate;
Third party websites and services
- BIGContacts may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with certain processes necessary for the operation of the Website. The providers of such services have access to certain personal Data provided by Users of this Website and may be located in various locations throughout the world.
- Additionally, Data can be transmitted to 3rd parties for relevant marketing purposes at the sole discretion of those employed by SURESWIFT CAPITAL INC. and BIGContacts.
Links to other websites
Changes of business ownership and control
- We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
- In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
Controlling use of your Data
- Wherever you are required to submit Data, you will be given options to restrict our use of that Data. This may include the following:
- use of Data for direct or indirect marketing purposes; and
- You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal Data held by BIGContacts.
- You have the right to withdraw consent necessary to use the services provided by BIGContacts at any time.
- You have the right for your data to be deleted from the servers and databases of BIGContacts.
Functionality of the Website
- To use all features and functions available on the Website, you may be required to submit certain Data.
- A User may revoke consent at any time.
- Data security is of great importance to BIGContacts and to protect your Data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Data collected via this Website.
- If password access is required for certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
- We endeavor to do our best to protect your personal Data. However, transmission of information over the internet is not always perfectly secure and is done at your own risk. We cannot ensure the security of your Data transmitted to the Website.
- Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
- For any questions or concerns relating to the use of your User Data while using BIGContacts, you are welcome to contact the SURESWIFT CAPITAL INC.’s chosen Data Protection Officer who can be reached by sending an email to [email protected].
- Every user of BIGContacts has a variety of rights relating to the use of their data while using BIGContacts, including the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.